Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Wednesday November 19th, 2019

Dear Parents,

A reminder that tomorrow is a short day, (similar to a Friday) where we are done at 1:20 due to Student Led Conferences.



FYI
Student led conferences
Book Fair - you will have time tomorrow to purchase books, as well, you can wait until conferences.


Our Learning

"Tomorrow is book fair, you can buy books in the morning."--Joey
"I really loved doing Daily 5.  I got to do Buddy Reading"-Leina
"I liked doing the Silent Soccer!  Also I liked doing Social."-James
"I learned about Canada and the Prairies."-Wyatt
"I did Word Work.  I played the play dough racing game."-Gabriella
"I liked playing Silent Soccer- I won the first round."-Sydney
"I loved everything, especially music.  We listened to the song Ear.  We got scarves and danced around."-Debbie
"I liked Silent Soccer."-Maha
"In Social we wrote about the prairies."-Ibraheem
"I liked Daily 5.  I played the play dough game."-Yusuf


For Discussion:
What are two things you learned about the prairies?

Homework:
Write a descriptive sentence about the prairies on paper and bring it in to share tomorrow!



Examples:
The sparkling snow on the prairie looks like diamonds glistening.

In the Springtime on the prairie, you might see a sleepy Grizzly bear crawling out of its hidden den.

The spectacular prairie summer brings the delicate blooming of the western fringed orchid.











1 comment:

  1. I'm Gabriella grandpa. (She calls me NONNO, in Italian). I follow this blog from London Ontario. I look forward everyday to see the good things that happen in Gabriella class. Job well done Ms Heagy.

    ReplyDelete

CBE UPDATED --NOTE--- MARCH 30

Hi Grade 2 Families, Please keep an eye out for an email from me this afternoon outlining some of the next steps for learning adventu...